Tuesday 4 November 2008

Last night's mind explosion

1.30am, 4th November 2008

tonight I crave
proximity
and intimacy
come into me
and beat my guest


close enough
to be far apart
mind and matter
it does matter
when you close
your mind
to being a part
of this


words, clues
cuts, bruises
grazes, scratches,
fingers, mouth


and a masterpiece of inspiration that made me get back up and turn my light on again just to write it down,

I don't know
where I stand
or if I stand
at all

maybe I float
I drift
I sink
I lie
next to you
on your chest

feeling your heart
beat
as I fall asleep

maybe I fall
too uncertainly
too uncomfortably
I don't know
where I stand
when I lie
next to you 

to your face
we live a lie
in your back
we lie a lie
worth living
at least tonight

on your heart
I don't know
where I stand
or if I fall
asleep
in a lie
worth lying for

1 comment: